Recipe printed from smokehouse220.com
|Smokehouse 220 Applewood Smoked Bacon BBQ Sauce ||1 cup|
|Peppered Bacon, cooked ||8 slices|
|Avocado Pulp or Guacamole ||2 cups|
|Cherry Tomatoes, halved ||1 cup|
|Arugula or Mesclun Mix ||2 cups|
|Sweet Corn Ears, to yield 3 cups of kernels ||6-8 ears|
|Eggs, lightly beaten ||3 ea.|
|Milk ||3 tbsp.|
|Green Onions, thinly sliced ||4 ea.|
|Chives, minced ||2 tbsp.|
|All-Purpose Flour ||⅓ cup|
|Salt & Freshly Grounded Pepper ||To taste|
- Working over a large bowl, slice the tops of the kernels off the corn, then reverse your knife and press out the milk.
- Combine kernels and scraping with eggs, milk, green onions, and chives.
- Add flour and mix until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet. When oil is hot add a scant ¼ cup batter to the skillet and then quickly smooth the batter out to a circle.
- Cook for 2 minutes, turn and cook an additional 2 minutes or until brown and crispy all over.
- Remove and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Keep fritters warm in a low oven.
- Layer warm fritters with avocado pulp, bacon, tomatoes, and arugula.
- Drizzle with Applewood Smoked Bacon BBQ Sauce just before serving.