Recipe printed from smokehouse220.com
Yield: 4 servings
|Smokehouse 220 Smoked Black Pepper Barbecue Sauce ||8 cups |
|Whole Chicken ||(4) 3-4 lb. chickens |
|Can of Beer, your favorite! ||4 cans |
|Bacon, applewood smoked ||20 slices |
|Garlic, crushed ||12 cloves |
|Thyme sprigs ||12 sprigs |
|Smoked Paprika ||¼ cup |
|Salt ||¼ cup |
|Black Pepper ||4 tsp. |
- Combine spices with a little water to form a paste. Rub the chickens and rest for about 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Once completely rested, put bacon in the top cavity of chicken so ½ of the bacon is draping over.
- Take a big swig of your favorite beer so there is ¾ led, add the garlic and thyme into the can.
- Insert the beer can into the bottom cavity of chicken and place on sheet tray.
- Cook the chicken for approximately 1-1 ½ hours until internal temperature reaches 165°F and the outside is caramelized.