Recipe printed from smokehouse220.com
|Smokehouse 220 Applewood Smoked Bacon BBQ Sauce ||To taste|
|Ground Sirloin ||1 lb.|
|Artisan Burger Buns ||4 ea.|
|Sharp Cheddar Cheese, thickcut slices ||4 ea.|
|Bacon, thick-cut ||8 ea.|
|Tomatoes & Pickles, sliced ||To taste|
|Onion Straws: |
|Onion, large, cut into thing rings ||2 ea.|
|Buttermilk ||1 cup|
|Flour ||1 cup|
|Salt ||2 tsp.|
|Cayenne Pepper ||1 tsp.|
|Black Pepper ||½ tsp.|
|Frying Oil ||As needed|
- Divide/press burger into 4 patties.
- Cook patties for 4 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.
- During last minute, top each patty with slice of cheese to melt slightly. To assemble, top each bun bottom with cooked burger, tomatoes, pickles, and bacon.
- Drizzle with Applewood BBQ Sauce; top with onion straws and bun top.
For Onion Straws:
- Soak onion rings in buttermilk for one hour.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and seasoning in medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in deep skillet or Dutch oven to 375°F.
- Drain onions and toss in seasoned flour mixture, tapping to remove excess coating.
- Working in batches, cook onions in hot oil for 1½-2 minutes, turning regularly, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. Repeat with remaining onions.